Happy National #ChocolateChipCookieDay! Who doesn’t love an ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie?! Today we have put together some fun & interesting facts about the treat, found a delicious recipe, and have a special coupon code for one day only!
I bet you didn’t know that one cookie
- On the Sesame Street, the cookies the Cookie Monster eats are actually rice cakes with painted brown dots!
- To enhance the flavor of chocolate chip cookies, let the prepared dough sit in the refrigerator for 24 to 36 hours before baking.
- The world’s largest chocolate chip cookie weighed in at 38,000 pounds, had a 102 foot diameter, and contained 30,000 eggs.
- The cookie was created by accident by Ruth Wakefield, owner of the Toll House Inn in Whitman, Massachusetts. She added broken chocolate bar pieces into her cookie batter thinking that they would melt. Instead, the classic dessert was born in the 1930s.
- Fifty-three percent of American adults prefer chocolate chip cookies over any other cookies making it the most popular cookie out there!
Today is the perfect day to put your apron on and get to baking some of the best from scratch chocolate chip cookies! We found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, and they must be incredible because they are called “Best Chocolate Chip Cookies”. Below is a video you can watch of them being made & if you click on the link above, you can get the recipe!
Now we like to do a little something sweet here at JennaBenna & Co on these National Days! You can enjoy 15% off all perfect combos for the next 24-hours with coupon code: “COOKIE”. Just add the coupon at checkout to get the discount!
We hope everyone enjoys a yummy cookie today!