In our ongoing effort to give you some great ideas of DIY things to do when you are bored, we really love this one as it is a GREAT gift for your big/little that you can make with some serious love. Who doesn’t enjoy a warm relaxing bath and these awesome bath bombs make it even better.
Using some food coloring, you can make these customized for your sorority colors. Wrap them up in some cellophane bags and a cute bow and you have a wonderful addition to your gift to your new little!
Here are the items you will need:
- 1 cup citric acid (usually found in your local Walmart or grocery store with the canning supplies)
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup corn starch
- ½ cup oil (almond oil, olive oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil, etc.)
- A few drops of food coloring
- 8-10 drops of your favorite or combination of essential oil(s)
- Silicone mold, Easter eggs or even ice trays
- In a bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, corn starch, and oil.
- Add 8-10 drops of the essential oil of your choice.
- Mix well with a spoon or with your hands until a soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. At this point add food coloring to the mixture and remember, less is more. You want it to be a nice pastel color and not a bath color bomb! If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and corn starch until the consistency is right
- Put the mixture into a silicone mold. Let it sit for at least 24 hours before removing from mold.
- The bath bombs are ready to use once they are completely dry. To use, just drop them in the tub/shower until they dissolve.
When it comes to your essential oil choices, you want to choose the essential oil combination that matches the result you are looking for. Here are some nice combinations matches with their mood and purpose.
- Calming-use Geranium and Lavender
- Self-confidence-use Balance and Frankincense
- Mind clarity-use Lemon and Rosemary
- Relaxation-use Bergamot and Lavender
- Motivation-use Rosemary and Peppermint
- Sleep-use Lavender, Vetiver and Marjoram
- Rejuvenating-use Frankincense and Rosemary
- Muscle Mender-use Ylang Ylang and Clary Sage