We all have those moments when we would rather curl up at home instead of heading out and with summer time rain showers, we have some great DIY things for you to do when you are bored. I have three small kids at home and honestly, they were all about slime long before I knew anything about it. Now, I look forward to our slime making time and LOVE playing with it….so, you are never too old to make slime!
We have tried a bunch of different kinds and one of our favorites is definitely FLUFFY SLIME. Fluffy slime is very easy to make and you probably have the ingredients in your cabinet already. You will need:
White School Glue
White Shaving Cream (not the gel kind)
In my opinion, it’s a lot easier to not use exact measurements as your slime consistency is a personal thing and you can just add and add until you get it right.
HOW TO MAKE SLIME (FLUFFY SLIME):
- Use a small bowl or container. We like the throw away Ziploc containers.
- Pour in enough white glue to cover the bottom around 1/4 inch deep.
- Add a couple drops of food coloring and mix into the glue.
- Now, add about 1 and a half times more shaving cream than glue into your mixture and mix both together.
- Mix together the glue and shaving cream.
- Add contact solution about one tablespoon full at a time and mix it up!
- Continue to add more contact solution and mix until your slime starts to form into a ball or glob like form. You will know it is ready when it starts to come off the sides of the container and sticks together.
- Dump your slime out onto a flat surface and begin working it with your hands. You can add more contact solution if it is too sticky and if it is too watery or thin, just add some more shaving cream.
- Play, stretch, squeeze and enjoy your new slime!!